As we start this new year, God has put it on my heart to pray scripture in the coming days. There will be a slight change to my format, but I hope you will join me in raising our voices in prayer.
Dear God, we praise you that you are love, and that you have given us the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide and grow us. Lord help us to see more clearly your will for our lives through your word today.
READ 2 Timothy 1:6-7
“I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
- What does Paul remind Timothy to do?
- How does Paul describe the spirit that is in Timothy and us?
- Do you have something that you are afraid of?
- What can you actively do to exercise your spirit of power and love and self control in regard to that fear?
- Remember to fan into flame the gift that God has given you…
Dear Father God we thank you that you that we do not have to live in fear because you have given us a spirit of power and love and self-control. Lord help us to live with confidence not in our own strength, but in yours. Not with our own love, but with yours. And in full dependance of of your will and not our own. In Jesus Name – Amen!
Photo by Paul Bulai on Unsplash