Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
1 John 2:1-6
“My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.
And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.”
1 John 2:1-6 NLT
- How can we be sure we know Him?
- What does this reveal to the world?
- If we desire to live in God who is our model?
- God knows we are not perfect. Reread the verses 1 & 2. Besides your role model, what are the other roles of Jesus in your life given here?
- We are not in this alone… (“for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2Timothy1:7). He both desires our obedience and works in us to accomplish it. Pray and ask God to give you the power, love and self control to demonstrate how much you love Him.
Show the world you love God – it is your gift to Him! I will be praying for you!