Thank you Lord that you have knit us together in our mothers womb. Thank you Lord that you have known us before the foundation of time and that you have numbered every hair on our head. Thank you that you know us and you see us and that when we come to know Jesus – that you never leave us. Alleluia!!!!
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10NLT
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 NIV
- What do you think of when you imagine a masterpiece?
- That’s you! You are God’s masterpiece! Write a prayer of thanksgiving to God for all the special ways he has gifted you.
- When God gave you a new life in Christ he did it for a purpose. According to this verse, what is that purpose?
- This verse tells us that God has already planned the good works for us – we just have to walk in them. Do you see God calling you to walk in any certain way? Write a prayer asking God to reveal where he wants you to walk – how your life can glorify Him!
Dear Father God! Thank you so much that you have created us to be unique and special. That you have gifted us in special ways and you have created good works for us to accomplish in your name. Guide us Lord so that we will honor you and bring you glory with our lives. We know that “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11 – so lead us Lord that we may experience your joy as we walk in your ways.
Dear God, help us to open our eyes to the truth of your word and see only Christ!
READ 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“ For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
- What does this passage tell us about the word of the cross (v.18)?
- What does verse 21 tell us about how we know God and are saved (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- How does that present a problem to the world (v. 22)?
- What does Paul preach (v.23).
- And Christ is… (v.24)?
- It is easy to think that we need to have the perfect words, or know the Bible front to back in order to share about Jesus. But here, Paul breaks it down. They are not going to be convinced by wisdom or signs – it is only about Christ and Christ crucified. He IS the power and wisdom. Pray about with whom God would like you to the share the folly of the cross.
Dear Father God, we praise your for the mighty day on Calvary when Jesus took on our sin. Where he was crucified for our sake. Where he willingly gave up is life to save the lost. That he rose again and sits with you in heaven as our advocate. Thank you that you have revealed yourself to us. That by grace we have been saved through faith. Lord, may we have hearts to see the lost. May we have eyes to see those with whom you would like us to share the story of Christ – knowing that it is he who is power and wisdom. May you open the eyes of many to the truth of Christ. In Jesus name… Amen
Photo by Alexandra Mirgheș on Unsplash
As we start this new year, God has put it on my heart to pray scripture in the coming days. There will be a slight change to my format, but I hope you will join me in raising our voices in prayer.
Dear God, may you help us see you as you are. May you reveal yourself to us in your word.
As we learn in Revelation 1, the book is “The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place.” Revelation 1:1. There are many amazing words of revealing God’s truth and prophecy about things yet to come. There is much to dig into in this book, but here – we are going to look at the simple prayer that the 24 elders say as fall down before God, casting their crowns before Him.
READ Revelation 4:11
“Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.”
Take time to fall down before your Lord and God today – for He is worthy to receive glory and honor and power!
Our Lord God Almighty, you are holy. We acknowledge that you are eternal and you are the one who was and is and is to come! We fall on our knees because you are worthy. You are worthy of all our praise, may you receive glory and honor and power. You have create each of us and all things it is only by your will that they came to be. May we be in awe of you each day as you reveal yourself in your creation, may we be moved each day to give you glory and honor. In Jesus Name… Amen
Photo by Josephine Amalie Paysen on Unsplash
Take time to pray and ask the Spirit to guide you as you seek the Lord today.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Ephesians 6:18 NLT
- We are commanded to pray in the Spirit all the time! So… look at a headline in today’s news and write a prayer. I challenge you to pray often for the events you see in the news and swirling around you every day. Prayer is powerful because God is powerful! Alleluia!
Ask the Lord to guide you with how and when to pray each day. Ask the Spirit to reveal to you what burdens Him, and seek God’s will in all circumstances. We may not even know what or how to pray, but we know that “the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Romans 8:26. May we all be daily prayer warriors. Praying for you.
Take time to pray and ask the Spirit to guide you today!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19
- According to this passage, what is God’s will for you?
- Is this the attitude that you carry with you each day?
- Write down ways that you can incorporate this attitude into your day to day life!
- Ask the Spirit to help you to change you so that you can rejoice, pray & give thanks at all times.
Praying that the Spirit would intercede so that you will stay connected with the Lord in prayer, be thankful no matter what & let His joy be yours always. Praying for you…
Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through this time today
Read Romans 12:9-21
Building on our thoughts from last week on transformation. I was thinking that we could pray this week for God to work on a specific attribute in us. As you read through Romans 12:9-21 choose an attribute and ask the Lord to cultivate it in you. Try to pray continually throughout the day. Ask the Spirit to show you where you need to change the way you think, speak & act. Then, pursue Him & allow Him to change you.
- Take time to write each day about what the Lord is revealing to you as you continue to seek His transformation!
Praying that the Lord would guide you as He works in your heart and mind to transform your life! It is not always easy to think we need to change, and certainly it is not so easy to actually change! But, you can be certain that what the Lord will transform you into is far better than where you are now. Praying for you!
Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ”
I am listening to my kids “play” a video game together right now. There is arguing, and yelling & general frustration! It is far from peaceful – I’m just waiting for the real fight to begin. The sensory overload I am feeling right now has every nerve in my body on alert. It’s so silly! So insignificant! And yet… the peace of Christ is still available in this situation – just like every difficult, gut wrenching, devastating and soul searching event in our lives. Jesus offers us that… His peace in every situation. Do not let your heart be troubled He says to us… do not be afraid. Ask Me he invites…
- What are you afraid of?
- What are you troubled about?
- Big or Small – put it in the hands of Jesus… write down your prayer now!
“do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ”
Praying today that you will take your fears and frustrations, big and small, to God… Jesus is our peace. Praying that the peace of God would guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus! Praying for you!