Dear God, help us to open our eyes to the truth of your word and see only Christ!
READ 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“ For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
- What does this passage tell us about the word of the cross (v.18)?
- What does verse 21 tell us about how we know God and are saved (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- How does that present a problem to the world (v. 22)?
- What does Paul preach (v.23).
- And Christ is… (v.24)?
- It is easy to think that we need to have the perfect words, or know the Bible front to back in order to share about Jesus. But here, Paul breaks it down. They are not going to be convinced by wisdom or signs – it is only about Christ and Christ crucified. He IS the power and wisdom. Pray about with whom God would like you to the share the folly of the cross.
Dear Father God, we praise your for the mighty day on Calvary when Jesus took on our sin. Where he was crucified for our sake. Where he willingly gave up is life to save the lost. That he rose again and sits with you in heaven as our advocate. Thank you that you have revealed yourself to us. That by grace we have been saved through faith. Lord, may we have hearts to see the lost. May we have eyes to see those with whom you would like us to share the story of Christ – knowing that it is he who is power and wisdom. May you open the eyes of many to the truth of Christ. In Jesus name… Amen