Take time to pray and ask the Spirit to guide you today
as you read through the entire passage!
2 Peter 3:13-18
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
2 Peter 3:18
- According to this passage, what are we looking forward to?
- While we are waiting we are called to be found unblemished and in a state of peace. Both of these characteristics are completed in us through Christ. Look up 1 Corinthians 6:11 & Ephesians 2:14. Write down what stands out to you about these passages.
- Peter then goes on to tell us about the wisdom of Paul’s letters. What does he tell us that the false teachers are doing?
- What is the warning that he gives?
- How can we be sure that we are not swept away by false teachers (1 John 4:1-6, John 17:17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Peter gives one last piece of advice, write it down.
- What do you need to be doing to grow this way?
Praying that the Lord would give you wisdom and discernment as you test the teaching of those around you. So that you can grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Praying for you!
Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength..”
1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV
We sometimes forget the power in the message of the Cross – in the love of God and the work of our Savior! I love this passage because it reminds us of what faith, wisdom and power mean… and why it looks different than what the world values!
- Why do you think that the cross could be considered foolish or a stumbling block to non-believers?
- To we who believe why is it the power of God (see also Ephesians 1:3-14)?
- What does v.21 tell us about how we can or can not come to a saving faith (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- Paraphrase 1 Corinthians 1:23-25.
- In our culture today much emphasis is put on human wisdom. How does this passage establish your thinking about true wisdom and power?
Love this Song – Just the name of Jesus is powerful!
Lincoln Brewster. “There is Power”
Praying that your faith would grow as you trust in the power and wisdom of Christ and His cross. May we continually rely on His power, and may we seek to know Him more each day as we pursue Him tirelessly. Praying for you!