Thank you Lord that you have knit us together in our mothers womb. Thank you Lord that you have known us before the foundation of time and that you have numbered every hair on our head. Thank you that you know us and you see us and that when we come to know Jesus – that you never leave us. Alleluia!!!!
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10NLT
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 NIV
- What do you think of when you imagine a masterpiece?
- That’s you! You are God’s masterpiece! Write a prayer of thanksgiving to God for all the special ways he has gifted you.
- When God gave you a new life in Christ he did it for a purpose. According to this verse, what is that purpose?
- This verse tells us that God has already planned the good works for us – we just have to walk in them. Do you see God calling you to walk in any certain way? Write a prayer asking God to reveal where he wants you to walk – how your life can glorify Him!
Dear Father God! Thank you so much that you have created us to be unique and special. That you have gifted us in special ways and you have created good works for us to accomplish in your name. Guide us Lord so that we will honor you and bring you glory with our lives. We know that “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11 – so lead us Lord that we may experience your joy as we walk in your ways.
Take time to pray and ask the Spirit to guide you today
as you read through the entire passage!
2 Peter 3:13-18
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
2 Peter 3:18
- According to this passage, what are we looking forward to?
- While we are waiting we are called to be found unblemished and in a state of peace. Both of these characteristics are completed in us through Christ. Look up 1 Corinthians 6:11 & Ephesians 2:14. Write down what stands out to you about these passages.
- Peter then goes on to tell us about the wisdom of Paul’s letters. What does he tell us that the false teachers are doing?
- What is the warning that he gives?
- How can we be sure that we are not swept away by false teachers (1 John 4:1-6, John 17:17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Peter gives one last piece of advice, write it down.
- What do you need to be doing to grow this way?
Praying that the Lord would give you wisdom and discernment as you test the teaching of those around you. So that you can grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Praying for you!
Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength..”
1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV
We sometimes forget the power in the message of the Cross – in the love of God and the work of our Savior! I love this passage because it reminds us of what faith, wisdom and power mean… and why it looks different than what the world values!
- Why do you think that the cross could be considered foolish or a stumbling block to non-believers?
- To we who believe why is it the power of God (see also Ephesians 1:3-14)?
- What does v.21 tell us about how we can or can not come to a saving faith (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- Paraphrase 1 Corinthians 1:23-25.
- In our culture today much emphasis is put on human wisdom. How does this passage establish your thinking about true wisdom and power?
Love this Song – Just the name of Jesus is powerful!
Lincoln Brewster. “There is Power”
Praying that your faith would grow as you trust in the power and wisdom of Christ and His cross. May we continually rely on His power, and may we seek to know Him more each day as we pursue Him tirelessly. Praying for you!