Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength..”
1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV
We sometimes forget the power in the message of the Cross – in the love of God and the work of our Savior! I love this passage because it reminds us of what faith, wisdom and power mean… and why it looks different than what the world values!
- Why do you think that the cross could be considered foolish or a stumbling block to non-believers?
- To we who believe why is it the power of God (see also Ephesians 1:3-14)?
- What does v.21 tell us about how we can or can not come to a saving faith (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- Paraphrase 1 Corinthians 1:23-25.
- In our culture today much emphasis is put on human wisdom. How does this passage establish your thinking about true wisdom and power?
Love this Song – Just the name of Jesus is powerful!
Lincoln Brewster. “There is Power”
Praying that your faith would grow as you trust in the power and wisdom of Christ and His cross. May we continually rely on His power, and may we seek to know Him more each day as we pursue Him tirelessly. Praying for you!