Lord God, Jesus is victorious! Let us live in this truth and see His power in your word today.
Revelation isn’t what we usually think about when we are anticipating the birth of our Savior. But, I think it is important to look at who Christ is as we prepare to see His coming as a helpless baby.
READ Revelation 1:9-18
“When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.'” Revelation 1:17-18
- Can you imagine seeing a vision of the risen Savior? Here we see a description of John’s vision and Jesus’s directive. What does Jesus ask him to do?
- In John’s awe, he falls to His knees and Jesus does what?
- Jesus first comforts John and then declares who He is. Write down the phrases that He uses to describe Himself.
- We see a picture of a victorious, risen, eternal Savior what is your reaction?
Lord you are mighty. You are victorious. You are the first and the last and you are the Living One. We praise you for you have conquered death and hold the keys to our eternity. Lord as we prepare to celebrate your birth, help us to see your power and majesty wrapped in the tiny baby in a manger. Help us to see what you gave up to come to earth to be our Savior. Alleluia! In Jesus Name… Amen
Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength..”
1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV
We sometimes forget the power in the message of the Cross – in the love of God and the work of our Savior! I love this passage because it reminds us of what faith, wisdom and power mean… and why it looks different than what the world values!
- Why do you think that the cross could be considered foolish or a stumbling block to non-believers?
- To we who believe why is it the power of God (see also Ephesians 1:3-14)?
- What does v.21 tell us about how we can or can not come to a saving faith (see also Ephesians 2:8-9)?
- Paraphrase 1 Corinthians 1:23-25.
- In our culture today much emphasis is put on human wisdom. How does this passage establish your thinking about true wisdom and power?
Love this Song – Just the name of Jesus is powerful!
Lincoln Brewster. “There is Power”
Praying that your faith would grow as you trust in the power and wisdom of Christ and His cross. May we continually rely on His power, and may we seek to know Him more each day as we pursue Him tirelessly. Praying for you!
Read 2 Timothy 1:7
TAKE TIME TO PRAY BEFORE YOU BEGIN…
God did not leave us here on earth alone to fend for ourselves. No! If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, the Spirit of the Living God lives in you! It is not a Spirit of fear – no, it is a Spirit of Power & Love & Self Control. In a time where much uncertainty waits around every corner. We can be certain that we have been given the ability to overcome our fears by His power is in us!
- In light of the events of the past few weeks, what comfort does this verse bring you?
- God’s power God’s Love God’s Self Control are all available to you through His Spirit that dwells within you. How can it be… and yet it is! Pray now and ask the Spirit to guide you through your day, to increase each of these attributes in you.
- How does this change the way you think about your daily tasks or callings in your life?
As Christians, we have to live as the Spirit-filled, Spirit-powered, Spirit-guided, Spirit-controlled, Spirit-loving people that we are. Take time to prayerfully live out this Spirit power in your life today. Praying for you.