Make sure you take time to read the passage and pray about it before you begin.
Philippians 2:9-11 & Colossians 1:15-23
“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name”
- Read the entire passages and then listen to the song. Using the passages from the Bible write a response. His name is BEAUTYful – WONDERful – POWERful! His name is above EVERY name. Praise Him!
Praying for you today! That you you would experience the life changing beauty, wonder and power of Jesus! That you would be in awe of His awesome authority. His awesome power. His awesome beauty! May your heart long for the day we will kneel before Him in person… may you take time to kneel before Him now! Praying for you.
Read Colossians 1:15-19
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”
Sometimes I forget my place. Jesus is so big…infinite…eternal…holy! I am none of those things. Do you ever try to make Jesus fit into your own image of who He is? Reading through this Colossians passage is a reminder that no human created image can contain our Mighty God!
- Using Colossians 1:15-18 make a list of the attributes that Jesus “is”.
- Considering that “All things have been created through him and for him” does that change the way that you think of yourself or your purpose?
- What does this passage say pleased God?
- How did Jesus make peace for us (see also Hebrews 9:22)?
- Look over the list that you made. Jesus – the image of the invisible God – died for you! He died to make peace with God – for you! Give thanks now for His mighty sacrifice.
- Ask God to help you grow to know Jesus more each day.
I love this beautiful song by Natalie Grant! May we all grow to truly know the King of the World…
Praying that you will take time today to truly seek Jesus.
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.
1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Do you have some difficult people in your life? This verse tells us exactly how we need to act toward them. How are we to treat them?
- It can be so hard to be patient, but we are examples of Christ on earth. When we show our love through our patience we teach others about Him. Is there someone you can think of that you need to be more patient with?
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. This is actually a piece of one of my new year’s resolutions. Ok – I know it isn’t January. But, it is the beginning of a new school year and I’m trying to get into some new habits. Here it is…No more rushing. Be deliberate about what you are doing. Be present where you are and stop thinking about what’s next. If I am real and in the moment it makes it so much easier to be patient. This will take a lot of prayer, as this is not natural for me. I’m always in a hurry. But, I quit! I’m asking the spirit to help me be patient with myself and others. Want to join me for the journey?
Leave a comment and share what God revealed to you today! I will be praying for you!
First Day of School!
- My kids are starting school today! Please pray for all the children in this country to find The One True and Living God and His Son.
- Pray for God’s hand to touch each student and each teacher.
- Pray that no lies or deceptions will be taught. And if there are lies, that God would give our children wisdom and discernment to recognize them.
- Pray for our kids to be wise and bold and stand on the Rock. Pray that they are not moved or shaken and are willing to speak the truth in love.
- Pray for the believing teachers and administrators not to be intimidated by our culture and to be protected from persecution.
- Pray for the Christian parents everywhere to have wisdom to teach their children to love the Lord and serve Him.
- Pray for every hand that touches the lives of our children…bus drivers, janitors, teacher aides, secretaries and the list goes on and on…
LOVE!!!!!!! Share God’s love with someone today and say a prayer for the lives of those you come in contact with.
I’m praying for you