Read Colossians 1:15-19
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”
Sometimes I forget my place. Jesus is so big…infinite…eternal…holy! I am none of those things. Do you ever try to make Jesus fit into your own image of who He is? Reading through this Colossians passage is a reminder that no human created image can contain our Mighty God!
- Using Colossians 1:15-18 make a list of the attributes that Jesus “is”.
- Considering that “All things have been created through him and for him” does that change the way that you think of yourself or your purpose?
- What does this passage say pleased God?
- How did Jesus make peace for us (see also Hebrews 9:22)?
- Look over the list that you made. Jesus – the image of the invisible God – died for you! He died to make peace with God – for you! Give thanks now for His mighty sacrifice.
- Ask God to help you grow to know Jesus more each day.
I love this beautiful song by Natalie Grant! May we all grow to truly know the King of the World…
Praying that you will take time today to truly seek Jesus.