Make sure you take time to read the passage and pray about it before you begin.
“God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.”
I’ve been thinking a lot about feeling vs. thinking lately. How can we avoid being ruled by our emotions when we look to what we know and not just what we feel. So often our lives are ruled by our emotions, our circumstances or the actions of another. But, here in Psalm 46 God reminds us of who He is! He reminds us of what we really need to know.
- Why does God tell us not to fear?
- What comfort do verses 6 & 7 bring you despite the instability around the world?
- Why do you think it is important to “be still”?
- Take time now to Be Still. Take a deep breath. And… Know! HE IS GOD! HE IS GOD! Alleluia! Now take time to exalt Him – write a praise.
- What difference does it make when we live life based on the God we know (Father -Son – Holy Spirit?
Love the song by Laura Story – Till I Met You
Praying that we would all begin to live by the truth that we know! KNOW – HE IS GOD!
How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Be patient in tribulation.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
- The word tribulation holds many meanings from a simple sadness to great anguish. But in all states of suffering how are we called to face them?
- It all goes back to the attitude that we talked about yesterday. What attitude do we need to maintain (Psalm 118:24)?
- Romans 5:24 gives us a reason we should be patient in our suffering. Write it out using this format as an example Suffering = _________
- And so… we end up back at Hope! What has God poured out for us?
- He fills us with His love by the power of His Spirit! Read Romans 8:31-29. No matter what may come, physical trials, emotional difficulties, spiritual battles who is advocating for you?
- Is there any thing that can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus?
- He truly has a plan for your life to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11) and He can work all things together for the good of those who are called by Him (Romans 8:28). Listen to the song by Laura Story, “Blessings”. How does this change your perspective on suffering?
Praying that you may feel God’s amazing love poured into your heart today. May you feel His peace, provision, and guidance no matter what you are going through.