Thank you God that we do not ever have to ask this question? We praise you Jesus that you alone have made us sufficient! Alleluia
“For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1John 4:10 NIV
- The Romans passage has several adjectives describing our condition when Christ died for us. Write them down.
- It is so easy for us to begin to believe that we are not good enough. Or maybe just that we aren’t enough. How does the 1 John passage change that thinking?
- God’s love doesn’t change (Numbers 23:19 & Psalm 86:15) – When you add them all up what does this show you about the relationship between your goodness and God’s relationship to you (see also Ephesians 2:8)?
- Stop trying to be good enough – and start seeking God and His goodness. Trust in Jesus for your salvation. Trust in God’s plan. Repent (what can you leave behind today) and seek God’s will and transformation in your life. Write a prayer
- His love is complete. His love is steadfast. His love is so great He sent his Son to die for us. The Bible is full of God’s love for us – and examples of His steadfast love and faithfulness. Jump in and look for some more.
Dear Father God, thank you ! Thank you that your love is not conditional, that it is steadfast and complete. Thank you that our salvation is not earned, but given as a gift to us. Help us lay down the lies that have plagued us, help us see only your truth and love. May this open our eyes to how we can seek and serve you each day. In Jesus Name… AMEN!