Remember to pray & read the entire passage before beginning.
“And you know the way to where I am going.”
- Even though Jesus reassures His disciples that they “know the way.” Thomas asks what question?
- Jesus gives a clear answer as to the path to where He is going. What is the way?
- In our day and age truth has been watered down and moral relativism reigns. Here, Jesus thwarts the idea that everyone gets to decide their own truth in one simple statement. What is it?
- What do you think Jesus means by His statement, “I am the life” (see also Romans 6:20-23)?
- Christianity is completely inclusive in that Jesus’s invitation is extended to everyone (Genesis 26:4) (John 3:16) (Matthew 28:19) (Galatians 3:8). Still Jesus makes it very clear, while all are invited there is but one path. What is the path?
- More than anything… as Christians we must remember that we have a beautiful gift. We know the way, the truth, and the life! Alleluia! Paul says it beautifully in Colossians 1:27-29NLT – How does the following passage encourage & direct you?
“For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory. So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.”
May our lives be an eternal witness to the power of Christ! May we live our lives looking to Him as The Way – The Truth and The Life. May we desire to share with others the beauty of His life changing love, and seek His glory in all things!
How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Rejoice in Hope”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
1 Peter 1:3-5
- Who is our only hope (John 3:16).
- What does it mean to you that we have a living hope (Luke 24:46-49)?
- If you know Jesus, your hope is certain. How does 1 Peter 1:4 describe you inheritance?
- In John 14:1-3 Jesus himself tells us about what we have to look forward to. Write down what he is preparing for you.
- This gives us much to rejoice about. Our hope is certain our place is prepared. We should live with an attitude of Joy clinging to our true Hope… Jesus. Praise Him now for His gift to us, and ask the Lord to maintain in you a joyful hope.
- Remember… this world puts it’s hope in “things.” Their hope is dead. Let us show today in our actions and attitudes what it means to have a living hope in Jesus Christ.
Praying that the God of hope will fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (paraphrase of Romans 15:13)
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
Romans 5:8 John 3:16 John 14:15-17 Matthew 22:36-40
“’For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.'”
“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
“’Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.'”
“’If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.'”
- God’s love for you is unconditional. Is your love for God unconditional?
- Think about what it means to love unconditionally. Write down what that looks like.
- You are not in this alone. God has given you His Spirit that dwells in you…a Helper! How are you going to live your love for God today?
Love God! I will be praying for you!