Lord God, help us to see you in your word today. Speak into our hearts your comfort and love. May the picture of the relationship between the Father & Son and your relationship to us become more clear. May your word fulfill its purpose today.
READ John 14:1-6
“‘My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.'” John 14:2-3 NIV
- Jesus begins this passage by comforting His disciples. What are the commands he gives them in verse 1?
- He then reiterates that He is leaving. But what comforting picture does He give to His disciples?
- He then reminds them that He will be returning, and for what purpose?
- Though Jesus affirms that they will know the way, Thomas questions that they actually know the way. What is Jesus’s response?
- As He seeks to comfort and encourage His disciples, Jesus gives a specific directive about the path to His Father’s House – what is it?
- Though only 6 verses, we learn a lot about Jesus, His relationship to us and His relationship to the Father. If you know Him as your Lord and Savior – He is preparing a place for you. Alleluia! What comfort and direction did this passage bring to you?
Lord help us to take comfort in knowing that you have gone ahead to prepare a place for us and that you will return again to bring us home. Help us have confidence in the truth of your word and the life that you offer. May we know your Father as we grow to know you. In Jesus name – amen….