Lord God, May we see your relationship to the world and your relationship to us. May we understand how you have equipped us, and help us to know you more completely through the gift of your Spirit, may we grow in your truth and love today.
READ John 15:18-26
“‘And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.'” John 15:27
- Again in this passage Jesus discussed the connection between Himself and the Father and the world. What is the distinction that he draws between those who know Christ and those who do not know Him (the world)?
- What are the implications of this on His followers?
- But…Jesus gives home. Who is He sending?
- What will the Spirit do?
- How will the Spirit enable believers?
- It is pretty amazing to think that when we believe in Jesus, we have the Spirit of the living God dwelling in us! Knowing this, does this passage help you to see your relationship to the world any differently?
- What does it mean to you that you have the opportunity to bear witness to Christ through the power of the Spirit within you?
Lord equip us with your Spirit today. Help us to live according to your truth, enable us to bear witness about you. In a world that so readily rejects you, may we shine the light of Christ, especially during this Christmas Season. In Jesus name – amen….