TAKE TIME TO PRAY BEFORE YOU BEGIN…
So often here on earth “free gifts” are not so free. I think of all the offers that require us to buy something to get our free gift. It really isn’t free! But here Paul explains that our salvation is free! It is a gift! It is God’s unmerited favor! Stop feeling like you have to earn it. Accept the gift – then live in faith like the new creation that you are!
READ EPHESIAN 2:1-10
- FILL IN THE BLANK
- You were_______________! (Make a list)
- But God _______________!
- You have been saved By God’s grace what is the result?
- You are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for what purpose?
- Write a prayer asking God to guide you as He uses you for His purposes & His glory!
This is a wonderful reminder! GRACE WINS! – Matthew West
If you know Jesus … God has prepared good works for you! Too amazing to even imagine. Praying for you – that the Lord to prepare and guide you so that you may “walk in them”.
TAKE TIME TO PRAY BEFORE YOU BEGIN…
Think about God’s grace and how deep and wide it is! God is grace-full! His grace is completely abundant and completely undeserved. It is a gift which we can never repay… but one that we can seek to honor as we are changed by Him from the inside out.
There are so many many verses that speak of God’s grace.
Here are a few you can use to help see the picture of God’s grace
& I challenge you to seek some more.
Genesis 6-9 Ephesians 2:8 John 1:14-18 Romans 3:23-24
Romans 6:14 1 Peter 5:10 Revelation 2:21
- Write about what God’s grace means to you. He has given you the gift of salvation and from his fullness he has given you “grace upon grace” (John 1:16).
- Do these passages open up your understanding of God’s grace? Write down some of the words that really spoke to you.
- His grace fills the entire Bible from the beginning to the end. It really is too much to comprehend. But it is truth! It is His free gift to you! Awesome! Take time to praise Him Now!
I love this song from Mercy Me. It really reminds me how much He loves me – and that His grace is always enough!
Pray now that His grace would abound in your life. That you would come to a full understanding of the completeness of His grace. And that you would live your as the new creation that you are – transformed for eternity! Alleluia! Praying for you
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this,
that it should leave me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.’”
2 Corinthians 12:8-9
- Paul asks God three times to remove his thorn in the flesh. But, what it God’s response?
- “May grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”God’s grace is enough… What is your reaction to this?
- Write down some thorns in your life. Then, next to it write “My grace is sufficient for you.” Believe it – God is sufficient!
- Although God gives Paul an unbelievable & awesome opportunity to experience the third heaven, this is not what he chooses to boast about. Instead, in what does Paul boast (v. 5 & v. 9b)?
- When does Paul tell us that God’s power rests on him (and us)?
- Our society tells us to brag about what we have, what we do, what we’re good at. But, using v. 10 as a guide… when should we boast?
- It is in our humility and weakness that God’s strength shows. Hard for us to see sometimes. Write a prayer and ask God to use your weakness for His glory and to transform you through His strength and power so that He will be glorified!
Praying that you would “humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”(1 Peter 5:6-7).Praying for you!
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
” Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.”
- Wat is Paul’s warning?
- The Earth has been shaken by the power of God’s voice…what is yet to be shaken?
- What is the purpose in this?
- If you are a believer, what have you recieved?
- What does it mean to you that you are a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20) and your kingdom can not be shaken?
- Write a praise to God thanking Him for your heavenly citizenship.
Have you heard it?
You are a citizen of heaven – be secure in that! You can not be shaken! I will be praying for you!