Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this,
that it should leave me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.’”
2 Corinthians 12:8-9
- Paul asks God three times to remove his thorn in the flesh. But, what it God’s response?
- “May grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”God’s grace is enough… What is your reaction to this?
- Write down some thorns in your life. Then, next to it write “My grace is sufficient for you.” Believe it – God is sufficient!
- Although God gives Paul an unbelievable & awesome opportunity to experience the third heaven, this is not what he chooses to boast about. Instead, in what does Paul boast (v. 5 & v. 9b)?
- When does Paul tell us that God’s power rests on him (and us)?
- Our society tells us to brag about what we have, what we do, what we’re good at. But, using v. 10 as a guide… when should we boast?
- It is in our humility and weakness that God’s strength shows. Hard for us to see sometimes. Write a prayer and ask God to use your weakness for His glory and to transform you through His strength and power so that He will be glorified!
Praying that you would “humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”(1 Peter 5:6-7).Praying for you!