Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
1 Timothy 6:17-19
“As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.”
1 Timothy 6:17
- Do you think you are rich?
- By the world’s standards you probably are. Here Paul instructs us on how we should think about money. According to this passage where should your hope lie?
- God provides everything for us to enjoy, which is hard to see sometimes in our consumer economy where we can seemingly fulfill our needs and wants immediately. What does your life look like when your shift your focus from what you provided yourself to what God has provided for you?
- We have a choice each day what to do with our wealth. Paul gives us some instructions on how to use our money. Write down some ways you could use your money that would fit into his list.
- What is the result when we choose to focus on God and not money?
Take hold of the life that is really life – your eternal one! I will be praying for you!