Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable,
if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- Paul tells us here what to fill our minds with. Write down what you are called to think about.
- Think about what you read/watch/day dream about, do they match up with this list?
- Pray and ask God to reveal where you fall short. Write is down – I know it’s hard but it makes it real.
- Then seek His guidance in shifting your thought pattern. We are called to “take every thought captive to obey Christ” 2 Corinthians 10:5. When negative, impure, destructive thoughts creep in…take it captive and give it to Christ.
- Pray Philippians 4:8 for yourself that God would transform your thoughts.
Think about what you think about! I will be praying for you!