Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“Then all the congregation raised a loud cry, and the people wept that night. And all the people of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The whole congregation said to them, “Would that we had died in the land of Egypt! Or would that we had died in this wilderness! Why is the Lord bringing us into this land, to fall by the sword? Our wives and our little ones will become a prey. Would it not be better for us to go back to Egypt?” And they said to one another, ‘Let us choose a leader and go back to Egypt.””
- The Israelite s cried out to the Lord. What was their complaint?
- What do they want instead of the land the Lord had promised – the land of milk and honey?
- Let’s think here…They want to go back to Egypt. What were their living conditions in Egypt (Exodus 1:13-14)?
- As the Israelites escaped their captors, God repeatedly protected and provided for them (See Exodus 7-16). Yet, they let their emotions overtake what they know to be true. God is faithful! Is there anywhere you are letting your emotions overtake the truth of God’s word?
- Ultimately, what is the result of the Israelites rebellion (Numbers 14:20-22)?
- We know that through Christ we are forgiven of all our sins. But when we choose to ignore what we know to be true about God and His word, we take steps away from our walk with Him. Don’t be a wanderer. Trust God! Look at the facts and not at your emotions. Write down some facts you know about God.
- Remind yourself of these facts and live by the truth and not by your emotions.
Don’t be a slave to your emotions…instead be a slave to Christ! I will be praying for you!