Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“I will show you my faith by my works.”
- James answers his own question, “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?” Write his answer.
- What does it mean to have faith (see also Romans 10:8-13)?
- How does James say he (and you) will show faith?
- Here James uses Abraham as an example of living his faith. Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice Isaac proved his faith. According to v. 23 (and Genesis 15:6) what did Abraham do to be found righteous?
- Abraham’s actions revealed what was in his heart. See Luke 6:43-45 and write down how we all reveal our true heart.
- As a result, what was Abraham called?
- You, too, exhibit that you are a friend of God when you live your faith. Read Colossians 3:12-17 & write down the traits and actions that characterize a Christian.
- We’ve discussed before that we have a purpose here on earth. But, let’s revisit Matthew 5:14-16. Jesus speaks to you saying, “You are the light of the world.” What is the purpose in you revealing your light before men?
- Give God the glory…seek today to spread the light of Christ by the way you act. Write at least one change you can make today to reveal your faith and His love.
Don’t let your faith be dead..seek to live your faith!!!!!!!! I will be praying for you!