Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself,’ you are doing well.”
- Do you look at the people as God sees them?
- When you judge someone by how they look, what do you become?
- How does God see the poor?
- In order to fulfill the “royal law” how should you act toward others?
- The law finds you guilty when you________.
- It is easy to think “that’s a little sin” or “it’s not that bad,” but James tells us here when you fail at keeping one part of the law you are guilty of what offense?
- By your actions you may not have committed every sin, you have still broken the whole law. But, praise God we know Jesus and it is through His blood – God’s mercy – that we receive righteousness and not on our own merit. For this reason, how are you called to look at others?
- Is there a consequence when you do not have this attitude?
- Has this passage changed the way you look at the lives of those around you? Write about it…
God love you…love others with that same love! I will be praying for you!