Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion:”
- Before we start…how would you label yourself?
- Here James writes to Jewish Christians in the First Century, and to many throughout the ages, and it is obvious that he wants to portray himself in a certain way…How does he identify himself?
- He calls himself a servant of God and of Jesus Christ. Is that how you labeled yourself?
- I’m sure that, like us, James had many roles to fill. But, he doesn’t make a list – he says, simply, that he is God’s servant.
- Envision the other labels you gave yourself and how they can change to reflect your defining characteristic of servant of God (Matthew 22:35-40, 1 Peter 4:8-11)
- Ask the Spirit to change your heart and to make you a true servant of God. May He reveal to you just what you need to change so that the light of Christ can shine through you always. Write down where God is moving you to make changes.
Choose to be a servant of God! I will be praying for you!