Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
“Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Galatians 6:1-2 ESV
- If you see someone in sin what are you asked to do about it?
- Describe how the Spirit of gentleness will guide us as we encourage, teach or admonish one another (see Colossians 3:12-17).
- Are you asked to shame and accuse those carrying the burden of sin?
- What are you called to do instead?
- What is the purpose of bearing the burden’s of our brothers and sisters in Christ (this doesn not mean engaging in the sins themselves see Galatians 6:1)?
- Look to John 15:4, 5 for more insight into how Christ asks us to treat one another. Comment on just how Jesus calls us to love.
- What are some ways that God has recently been encouraging you to act with gentleness?
Pray that the Holy Spirit will grow the fruit of gentleness in you today! I will be praying for you!