Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
In this passage in John, Jesus proclaims exactly who He is, where He came from and where He’s going. He validates His testimony and proclaims…
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me
will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12 ESV
- Think about what it’s like to walk in a dark house – especially an unfamiliar one. This is life without Jesus. Write about the difference between living life in the dark or in the light of Christ.
- Jesus is accused of bearing false witness about himself. Who are the two witnesses that prove His testimony?
- The Pharisees then ask Jesus, “Where is your Father?” (John 8:19). What is His reply to them?
- Later they ask, “Who are you?” (John 8:25) What is Jesus’ explanation of the relationship between Father and Son?
- Jesus explains to them exactly what they need to do so that they will not die in their sins.
What is it (see also Acts 2:37,38)?
- Think of the connection between Jesus, the Father, and you. Meditate on this and write down whatever the Spirit stirs in you.
Leave a comment and share what God revealed to you today! I will be praying for you!