Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial,
for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life,
which God has promised to those who love him.”
- Here James tells us that believers who are poor can boast because God has honored them, and the rich can boast because God has humbled them. But what does James point out is true of earthy standings?
- When you remain steadfast in your trial you will receive what blessing?
- God has promised the crown of life to those who love Him. So, you can be certain that He will never lead you astray. From this passage, how do you know that He will never tempt you?
- Instead, how are you lead astray?
- Where does it lead?
- Paul exhorts you, “Do not be deceived.” Instead, what comes from our heavenly Father?
- Will this change – does God change?
- No, God love you (Jon 3:16), and He brought you forth by the word of truth. You are His firstfruits – a promise of what He has given you – Holy Spirit – and what is yet to come (Romans 8:23). Read Deuteronomy 26:10-11. What were the Israelites instructed to do with their firstfruits?
- If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior, you too are His firstfruits. How does this change your thinking about your life and it’s purpose?
You are blessed! You have received the crown of life – you are His firstfruits! Live like it! I will be praying for you!