Lord we thank you that in Christ we are victorious. Help us to live our lives as the kingdom citizens that we are. Help us Lord to see your truth today.
READ 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." -Paul 1 Corinthians 2:2
- How did Paul define his testimony in this passage?
- What did preaching point to?
- Where did he desire their faith to rest?
- in 1 Corinthians 2:2 he explains the basis of his message – what is it?
- Where should we keep our focus?
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrew 12:1-2
- I think often we are so focused on our faith, that we sometimes forget where our eyes should be fixed. how does the Hebrews passage describe Jesus?
- He is the founder and perfecter of our faith. May our eyes be ever fixed on him as we remember the sacrifice that He made for us. He now reigns in victory – and so do we.
- Take time now to praise Him! Here is Elevations Worship – Resurrecting
Father God, thank you that you have begun a good work in us and that you will see it to completion. Help us Lord to live according to your way, and love with your love so that people can see our Savior, Jesus Christ. Lord equip us that we would do your will for your glory! Amen!