Take time to pray and ask God to speak to you through His Holy Spirit.
Read Romans 8:5-6
“…to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.”
Mindfulness is the new buzzword. It is supposed to help you focus, calm your mind, and help you put life into perspective. But, I know better. There is nothing in my own mind that will alone bring focus or calm.
God has a better way!
- It does matter what you set your mind on! How does this passage direct us to focus our minds?
- What is the result of a mind set on “the flesh”?
- What is the result of a mind set on the Spirit?
- Look up Philippians 4:8 – how are we directed to think?
- Consider the list from the Philippians passage – are the things you are watching, reading or listening to that direct you to focus on the ways of the world?
- Take time to ask the Spirit to refocus your mind to the ways of the Spirit, and continue to pursue a mind set on the Spirit.
Praying that the Lord would work in your hearts and minds to transform you and your life. May your mind be set on the Spirit and may He bring you life and peace!
How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor;
be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.”
Romans 12:11 (Amplified)
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
- Romans 12:11 tells us exactly how we should serve the Lord. Write it down.
- What does service with a glowing & burning Spirit look like to you?
- You have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire (Luke 3:17) Are you serving that way?
- This isn’t about serving because you should, or serving because it looks good, or serving with a no effort because you signed up. NO! Why do we serve (Matthew 5:16)?
- When you serve with enthusiasm and love you bring God glory. Service doesn’t necessarily mean heading to the soup kitchen (though this is a wonderful act of service). You can serve the Lord many ways (Colossians 3:23) – write down some ways you serve the Lord in your everyday life.
- This verse really reflects on our attitude of service… it reminds me of the Third Day song, “Soul on Fire” . Write down your reaction.
When we choose to enthusiastically serve the Lord we an bring glory to God and shine the light and love of Jesus in this dark world! Lord may you give each of us a soul on fire for you! Praying for you!