Lord open our eyes to the abundance of your grace. Lord help us see who we are In Christ…
READ EPHESIANS 1:3-14
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ with
every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places"...
- Using verses 3 & 4 write down what God has done for us in Christ.
- What did God do for us in love?
- Using verses 7-14 write down what God has done for us in Christ.
- Who sealed you?
- When were you sealed?
- What does it guarantee?
- It is awesome to see all that God has done for us in Christ! He loves us so much and desires us to be in relationship with him – to unite all things to himself. Still – there is an additional purpose for the transformation he works in us. I would note that both the beginning and the end of this passage are praise. In fact verses 11& 12 tell us, “having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.” Take time now to sing his praises – turn on your favorite praise song and give God glory! And spend time in prayer thanking Him for all that he has done for you!
Thank you Lord that in Christ we have been transformed. Thank you Lord that your grace is enough. Thank you Lord that “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.” Ephesians 1:14 May our lives ever sing your glory.
Father God we thank you that your Spirit is in us. Thank you that when we become a new creation that you put your Spirit in us and begin to guide and use us. Lord open our eyes to the reality of who you say we are, and work in our hearts to change us into who you see us to be…
READ 2 Corinthians 3:1-3
“Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our[a] hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.”
2 Corinthians 3:3
- As Paul writes to the Corinthian church, what does he call them?
- Who was the letter from?
- Who was the letter to?
- Who was used to write the letter?
- On what was the letter written?
- What story of transformation has the Spirit written on your heart?
- How can you be a letter from Christ today?
Dear Father God, you have put your Spirit in our hearts for a purpose. Yes – to reconcile us to you and to seal us for eternity – but also so that we can be your letter to the world. A letter from Christ and written by you. Lord work in our lives today so that we can be a witness to your love for us and for the world. May you use us as you used Paul to encourage others and to show them a picture of who you are. May we be open to your guiding today and every day so that our lives will be a living sacrifice and evidence of your glory. In Jesus name…amen!
Take time to pray and ask God to speak to you through His Holy Spirit.
Read Romans 8:5-6
“…to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.”
Mindfulness is the new buzzword. It is supposed to help you focus, calm your mind, and help you put life into perspective. But, I know better. There is nothing in my own mind that will alone bring focus or calm.
God has a better way!
- It does matter what you set your mind on! How does this passage direct us to focus our minds?
- What is the result of a mind set on “the flesh”?
- What is the result of a mind set on the Spirit?
- Look up Philippians 4:8 – how are we directed to think?
- Consider the list from the Philippians passage – are the things you are watching, reading or listening to that direct you to focus on the ways of the world?
- Take time to ask the Spirit to refocus your mind to the ways of the Spirit, and continue to pursue a mind set on the Spirit.
Praying that the Lord would work in your hearts and minds to transform you and your life. May your mind be set on the Spirit and may He bring you life and peace!
How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor;
be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.”
Romans 12:11 (Amplified)
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
- Romans 12:11 tells us exactly how we should serve the Lord. Write it down.
- What does service with a glowing & burning Spirit look like to you?
- You have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire (Luke 3:17) Are you serving that way?
- This isn’t about serving because you should, or serving because it looks good, or serving with a no effort because you signed up. NO! Why do we serve (Matthew 5:16)?
- When you serve with enthusiasm and love you bring God glory. Service doesn’t necessarily mean heading to the soup kitchen (though this is a wonderful act of service). You can serve the Lord many ways (Colossians 3:23) – write down some ways you serve the Lord in your everyday life.
- This verse really reflects on our attitude of service… it reminds me of the Third Day song, “Soul on Fire” . Write down your reaction.
When we choose to enthusiastically serve the Lord we an bring glory to God and shine the light and love of Jesus in this dark world! Lord may you give each of us a soul on fire for you! Praying for you!