Take time to pray and ask God to speak to you through His Holy Spirit.
Read Romans 8:5-6
“…to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.”
Mindfulness is the new buzzword. It is supposed to help you focus, calm your mind, and help you put life into perspective. But, I know better. There is nothing in my own mind that will alone bring focus or calm.
God has a better way!
- It does matter what you set your mind on! How does this passage direct us to focus our minds?
- What is the result of a mind set on “the flesh”?
- What is the result of a mind set on the Spirit?
- Look up Philippians 4:8 – how are we directed to think?
- Consider the list from the Philippians passage – are the things you are watching, reading or listening to that direct you to focus on the ways of the world?
- Take time to ask the Spirit to refocus your mind to the ways of the Spirit, and continue to pursue a mind set on the Spirit.
Praying that the Lord would work in your hearts and minds to transform you and your life. May your mind be set on the Spirit and may He bring you life and peace!