Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:7-9 ESV
- God is preparing Joshua to carry out His long awaited plan for His people. How does He reassure Joshua…what are His instructions?
- As with Joshua…He gives us a list of do’s and don’ts. Using this passage write your “To Do” list.
- Now write your “Do not” list.
- As I have shared before…I struggle with my tongue. But here, God gives us the remedy for that weakness. Write down the two key components that can help all of us, through Christ, win that battle.
- This isn’t about quiet time each day, or saying the right prayers. It’s about meditating on His word day and night. It should never leave our lips…what changes can you make in your life to keep your heart fixed on Him and on His word?
- This command leads to a “So That.” When we keep His word in our hearts and mouths what results.
- The end of Verse 9 reiterates God’s command to Joshua – and to you. Write it down.
- Write about the comfort it brings you to know that the Lord is with you wherever you go.
Put God’s word in your heart and on your lips! I will be praying for you!