Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
2 Peter 1:20-21
“Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”
2 Peter 1:20-21 ESV
- Peter assures us that God’s word comes from what source?
- Picture what it means to be carried along. What did you picture? Write it down.
- Being carried along implies that it is not in ones own power. Instead whose power enabled the Scripture to be written.
- Knowing this, we can be confident that when we study God’s word it is indeed just that. Soak that in…God’s own words. What power …write about your reaction.
- Picture yourself being carried along by His Spirit. Are you allowing this in your study of His word or do you try to control your time with Him?
- Pray about it and ask God to guide each time you spend with Him. Open your heart to Him and allow the Spirit to carry you.
Focus your eyes on God’s word! I will be praying for you!