Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
1 Peter 3:14-17
” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
1 Peter 3:15
- You are told in verse 15 to prepare your heart in what way?
- You also need to be prepared for what task?
- We each have a unique testimony of how Christ has worked in our lives to bring us to salvation. Pray about it – what is the reason for the hope that you have?
- It is easy to be confrontational or defensive when we share the truth of the gospel. But here Peter reminds us just how we are to share the truth of Christ. In what manner are you to share your hope?
- What does Peter tells us is the purpose in sharing the truth of Christ in this manner?
People do not always react to the truth in a positive way, but we are called to deliver the truth with gentleness and respect. May our Lord Jesus guide you as you share His truth.
“Even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed, do not be frightened.” 1 Peter 3:14
Pray that the Holy Spirit will grow the fruit of gentleness in you today! I will be praying for you!