Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
A story I’m sure you all know very well. Look at it with fresh eyes, and open heart. Jesus can provide
And taking the five loaves and the two fish
he looked up to heaven and said a blessing and broke the loaves
and gave them to the disciples to set before the people.
- Do you ever feel weary? Jesus understands the need for rest. Where did He take the disciples?
- He desired to provide them rest by giving them quiet time with Him. What does this speak to you about setting aside quiet time where you can rest in Jesus?
- Jesus is so loved that the people follow Him.Still, even though the “great crowd” ruined His quiet time how did he react?
- I don’t know about you, by my “great crowd” often disturbs my quiet time – I don’t always have the same compassion. Write a prayer asking for patience and love in dealing with the unexpected.
- The people are both physically and spiritually hungry. How does Jesus meet both needs of the people?
- After they collect the loaves and fish what example does Jesus give us as he prepares to set the food before the people?
- I love this… note Mark 6:41-44 – What does this tell you about how Jesus is able to provide for our every need?
This miracle blessed many as they were nourished by Jesus’ teaching and by the bread He provided. They ate and were satisfied and there was still more left! That is so Jesus!
Leave a comment and share what God revealed to you today! I will be praying for you!