Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today.
This is one of my very favorite passages in the Bible. Foolishly I think I can do it alone, but Jesus reminds me…
“I am the vine; you are the branches.
Whoever abides in me and me in him, he it is that bears much fruit,
for apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:5 ESV
- Jesus tells you that if you abide and produce fruit, His Father will do what for you?
- Think of your life being pruned by God – pretty amazing! Write about what it means to have God himself tend to your spiritual growth.
- What does the Bible tell you will result from this tending?
- In the human mind we often think we can produce good fruit by our own effort. What does Jesus tell us we can do apart from Him? Write it in big bold letters!
- You are given a key to abiding in Christ in John 15:7,8. What does this reveal about the importance of storing His word in your heart (Psalm 119:11)?
- Webster defines the word abide as “to remain stable or fixed in a state.” Jesus tells you that state is His love. According to this passage, how do you remain in His love?
- Why did he share this with you (John 15:11)?
- Think of one thing you can change in your life that will help you abide in Him?
Jesus promises you that if you abide in Him that He too will abide in you! If you do, he promises you that His joy will be in you and that your joy may be full! Awesome!
Leave a comment and share what God revealed to you today! I will be praying for you!