Lord we thank you that you are our place of rest. Help us to see what that looks like in our lives.
READ MATTHEW 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- We are called to pursue (2 Timothy 4:22) – write about what we are called to pursue.
- We are called to strive (1 Timothy 4:6-10) – write about how we strive.
- We are called to seek (Matthew 6:33) – write down what we are called to seek
- But Jesus also tells us that we must rest in him. Take time to pray and ask God to shine a light on where you are doing your will and not His. Write down what you sense He is speaking to you.
- Take time to carve out time to rest. Jesus desires for you find rest for your soul – in Him! Write down one way you can do that this week.
Lord we are called to do your work. To strive to honor you and to seek your kingdom above all. But you also call us to rest in you. Help us Lord to not seek your will and not our own, help us Lord to rest in your grace remembering your love is steadfast and eternal. May we each take refuge in the shadow of your wings, feast on the abundance of your house, and drink from the river of your delights (Psalm 36:7-9)
Remember to take time to pray & read the entire passages before you begin.
“Either way, Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.”
2 Corinthians 5:14-15
We are so human! We want what we want. Thinking of ourselves, our circumstances, our pleasure… and not trusting God for His perfect plan for our lives. He can do so much more than we can even imagine and our sight is so finite – while His vision for us is eternal!
- When Jesus was asked how we should pray – He shared with us a prayer that should shape the way we lift up our prayers. (Matthew 6:9-13) At one point in the prayer, Jesus instructs us to say, “your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10. What does it mean that we would seek HIS will to be done in our lives?
- What does it mean that we would live for Christ?
- It is not always easy, but if we seek to do His will we can trust that we will walk in the center of His plan for us – which is the best place for us to be! We can trust that Jesus is with us always (Matthew 28:20), and that He is working all things together for our good (Romans 8:28). How do these verses bring comfort as we seek to walk according to His will?
Hillary Scott Says it so beautifully in her song, “Thy Will”
Praying that we can trust God completely with our lives. That we would say boldly “Thy will be done” as we rely on Jesus who is always leading us. May we live every day for our risen Savior – Jesus Christ! Praying for you!