Lord we thank you that you are our place of rest. Help us to see what that looks like in our lives.
READ MATTHEW 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -Jesus Matthew 11:28-30
- We are called to pursue (2 Timothy 4:22) – write about what we are called to pursue.
- We are called to strive (1 Timothy 4:6-10) – write about how we strive.
- We are called to seek (Matthew 6:33) – write down what we are called to seek
- But Jesus also tells us that we must rest in him. Take time to pray and ask God to shine a light on where you are doing your will and not His. Write down what you sense He is speaking to you.
- Take time to carve out time to rest. Jesus desires for you find rest for your soul – in Him! Write down one way you can do that this week.
Lord we are called to do your work. To strive to honor you and to seek your kingdom above all. But you also call us to rest in you. Help us Lord to not seek your will and not our own, help us Lord to rest in your grace remembering your love is steadfast and eternal. May we each take refuge in the shadow of your wings, feast on the abundance of your house, and drink from the river of your delights (Psalm 36:7-9)