As we start this new year, God has put it on my heart to pray scripture in the coming days. There will be a slight change to my format, but I hope you will join me in raising our voices in prayer.
Dear God, may we, like Paul, struggle on behalf of others. May we have a heart for those we know and those we don’t know and may we grow to know you more of you each day.
READ Colossains 2:1-3
“For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.“
- What does Paul tell us about what he has been doing, and what does that tell you about what we should be doing?
- What does Paul want believers to “be”?
- What does the image of hearts knit together tell you about how we are connected to our fellow believers?
- What does he want them to reach?
- He wants them to be fully assured of and understand God’s mystery – Christ – in whom are what?
- Take time to pray this for the people in your church, pastors, believers across our nation and around the world.
Dear Father God, we praise you that you have given us the example of Paul. A man that was completely transformed and made new in Christ. Lord give us hearts like his. Give us hearts that desire to struggle with and for those we know and those we don’t. We pray today that our hearts may be encouraged, and that you would knit together the hearts of all believers everywhere. That we would see the image of God in each one and love the way that you have loved us. Lord help each believer grown to truly know Christ that we may have godly wisdom and knowledge so as to minister to one another and all. In Jesus Name… Amen