Dear God, Lord may we learn to love the way that you love, and by this may we grow to know you more.
READ Philippians 1:9-11
“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11 NIV
- What is Paul’s prayer for the Philippians?
- As their (and our ) love abounds more and more in knowledge and insight what is the result?
- As their (and our) discernment increases what is the result?
- As they (and we) grow in Christ and the fruit of righteousness grows in us what is the result?
- This is one of my favorite scriptures to pray for people and for myself. Take time now to pray this for yourself and for people that God has put on your heart.
Dear Father God, increase the love in our hearts that it may overflow from us. May that love grow in what we understand and see about others and about the world. May what we speak be wrapped in that knowledge and reveal your love to the world. Help our discernment to increase so that we may make right choices that reflect your love & character, and continue to conform us into the image of your Son. Help us to abide in Christ knowing that only when we abide in Him can we bear fruit, and Lord may the fruit that comes from that relationship with Christ be evident in us and bring you much glory and praise. In Jesus Name… Amen!
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash