As we start this new year, God has put it on my heart to pray scripture in the coming days. There will be a slight change to my format, but I hope you will join me in raising our voices in prayer.
Dear God, please place up on our heart just how to pray for ourselves, as well as who you would have us pray for. Lord may you direct our words and guide our thoughts as we come before you in prayer.
READ Titus 3:1-7
“Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. 3 For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another.4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
- Write down the actions that Paul asks Titus to remind the believers.
- Why is it important for for believers to be gentle and courteous to all people (v. 3 -5)?
- God is full of mercy and love – what is the result of our transformation?
- We are heirs according to the hope of eternal life – what joy that we have been saved and have new life. Who do you want to be reborn in this way. Write a prayer asking the Lord to work in their lives, and ask Him to show you how He can use you to share the hope that you have.
- Remember to pray for this person (people) throughout the week, as well as to live out Paul’s reminders to the believers.
Dear Father God we praise you for your mercy and grace that you have lavished on us. Lord we were one disobedient and foolish, but thanks to your loving kindness and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit we have been justified and have become heirs to the hope of eternal life. Alleluia! Lord help us to live out this reality of your love and mercy each day by being obedient to rulers and being prepared for every good work. Help us keep you as our focus waiting for your guidance and direction, waiting for the works that you have prepared for us to do. Lord we know that what comes out of our mouth reveals what is in our hearts. Lord continue to transform us so that what we say is gentle, not quarrelsome or evil. May our words build one another up, encourage and bring you glory. In Jesus Name! Amen!