Remember to pray & read the entire passage before you begin.
“But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
When we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior our relationship with God changes. When we put our faith in Jesus – we receive His Holy Spirit , and “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” Romans 8:14. We are His children – what love… what mercy…what hope…
- Why did God our Savior save us when He came?
- What act of His Holy Spirit took place in us at that time?
- How are we justified?
- Then what do we become (see also Romans 8:14-17)?
- What has been poured out on us (I love this image)?
- What does it mean to you to be considered an heir in God’s kingdom?
- How does that renew your hope and change how you look at your circumstances today?
Praying that the reality of your identity in Christ will become more real to you today. May you hope in Him as he rejuvenates, and renews you through the work of His Spirit in your life. May your love of your Savior grow deeper and richer today as you look forward to your eternal hope! Praying for you!