Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
“Remember this and stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose…’”
- From this passage, what are we first asked to do?
- In this Isaiah 46 passage, what does God declare?
- From from beginning to end, the Bible is a beautiful story of love, salvation, mercy and grace (Genesis 1, John 1:1-5, Matthew 24:36, Revelation 22:7) With this in mind, why do you think it is important to recall, “the former things of old” ?
- In your own words, share what it means that God declares “the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done.”
- Write the last line of this passage. Let it sink in. In a world where things seem to be out of control, what comfort do you take from these words?
God knows the beginning from the end, and He has a perfect plan. He WILL accomplish His purposes. Stand firm in His truth, and remember His faithfulness!Praying that the reality of this promise will bring comfort to you today as you trust in Him. Praying for you!