Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.”
- We are called to run the race of life with our eyes fixed. Where should our eyes be?
- In order to assure that we can moe forward, it is necessary that we take action. What does verse instruct us to do?
- Jesus is our example, the founder and perfecter fo our faith. What does this reveal about our faith?
- This passage points out the reason Jesus endured the cross-what is it?
- Write about the Joy set before Christ?
- Like Christ, each of us is called to carry our cross (Luke 14:21). But, do not grow weary…you, too, have a beautiful joy set before you. Write about what you are looking forward to.
Do not grow weary! I will be praying for you!