Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“For you bless the righteous, O Lord;
you cover him with favor as with a shield.”
- Read verse 3 in several different translations. David comes before God…requesting that he hears him. David lifts his prayers to him as a sacrifice and then what does he do?
- He waits…How does this effect your perspective on prayer?
- What does Psalm 5 tell us about God’s reaction to wickedness?
- David knows it’s only because of God’s love for him that he is able to enter God’s house. It is the same for us. What does Jesus tell us about His Father’s house (see John 14:1-7).
- What characterizes the enemies of David – the enemies of God? How does this make you consider evil doers of today?
- David again has a “BUT.” When you take refuge in God what is the result? Paraphrase verses 11 & 12 and insert yourself?
His shield covers you! I will be praying for you!