Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have given me relief when I was in distress.
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!”
- Do you ever feel desperate for God?
- David, a man after God’s own heart, felt that way, too. How did he cry out?
- Yet, he did not rely on his emotions. Instead, he looked to what he knows to be true. From verse 3, what does David know?
- You have the same assurance! You are also set apart (1 Peter 2:9), and God hears you when you pray (1John 5:14). Does that change the way you think about your relationship with the living God?
- David gives us some practical ways to look at life. Write them down.
- Times haven’t changed much. People still look to God as those in verse 6 – seeing God only in material gain. But, David give us a beautiful picture of what awaits when we trust God in all circumstances. Write about it and how it fits in your life.
May joy be in your heart! I will be praying for you!