Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“…let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- Many have come before us who are witnesses to the life of faith (see Hebrews 11). Using their example, what action are you directed to take?
- What kind of race are you running – a marathon or a sprint?
- I am a overreactor – I view everything like a sprint – which is the wrong view-point! Instead what should characterize our race?
- To continue with endurance you are called to shed the sin that is getting in your way. Pray about it…is there anything hindering your progress?
- According to verse we are told how we can achieve our goal of finishing the race. Write down what action you must take.
- We need to keep our eyes on Jesus – He is our example! What did He endure for us?
- Why was He willing to run the race that God set before him (Hebrews 12:2b)?
- You have a purpose! God has set before you a race and given you a focus – Jesus Christ! Does this passage make you consider your own path or how you face your journey differently?
Run your race with endurance – and focus on Jesus! I will be praying for you!