Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
““If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it.”
- As Jesus begins to teach, He shares with His disciples about His death and resurrection. record each of the events Jesus foretells.
- Peter has just confessed that He believes Jesus is the Christ (Mark 8:29). Yet, he still rebukes Jesus. What is Jesus’ response?
- What was Peter’s mistake in thinking?
- Instead, Jesus gives us exactly how we need to think and live our lives…Make a TO DO list using His commands written here.
- How do we know that Jesus’ call to action is not only for the disciples (see the beginning of verse 34)?
- Jesus gives you 3 warnings – what are they?
- How does this effect the way you look at life and what changes do you need to make today to follow Christ as He calls us?
Take up your cross! I will be praying for you!