Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.”
- According to Isaiah 53:5 why was Christ pierced?
- Define the word “chastise”.
- Using the information you gained from defining the word chastise, paraphrase Isaiah 53:5 b.
- What phrases convey the entirety of the world’s transgression?
- What phrase conveys the entirety of what Christ has done for us all!
- Within “us all” – is you! He died for YOU! Write a praise thanking Jesus for what he did for you!
By His wounds you are healed! Live as a redeemed – new creation in Christ! I will be praying for you!