Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“ Do not speak evil against one another, brother.”
- Verse 11a is very clear…what are we told not to do?
- What happens when you speak against a brother?
- If you judge the law what does that make you?
*Who is the only lawgiver & judge?
*How does He manifest His power?
- In Matthew 22:36-40 Jesus was asked, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” How does that clarify the James passage?
- We are not a judge, we are called to live according to His will and to seek Him. Read Romans 13:8-10…How do you become a doer of the law?
Don’t talk evil about others! Live the law of love! I will be praying for you!