Remember to take time to pray & read the entire passages before you begin.
But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
This Psalm holds a gem. One that we recite and hold on to in good times and bad. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26. And yet… this Psalm is so rich with struggle and understanding and trust in the Almighty – so much deeper than I could have imagined.
- From 73:1-14 What is the attitude of the Psalmist?
- What was he trying to understand?
- Ultimately, how did he gain the knowledge he was searching for?
- In the end, what did the Psalmist learn about himself (v.21 & v.22)?
- What do verses 21-24 reveal about our relationship with God – what will He do?
- Read verse 25 – does this change your perspective on your circumstances or “things”?
- When God brought His people into the promised land. He gave each tribe a portion of land… except the Levites. This tribe was special they became His priests – and he said to Aaron “You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel.” Numbers 18:20. How does help you see what it means to look to God as your portion?
- Are there any “things” that you value more than your relationship with the Lord? Pray and ask the Lord to reveal them to you, and ask Him to guide you into a deeper relationship with Him.
- The last line of this beautiful Psalm tells us how we should choose to live as a result of His constant provision for us. Write it down.
- How can you live your life in a way that He is your portion and you give Him the glory!?
God loves you so much! When we are weak He is strong. Praying that you will lay your heart and life at His feet and trust him as your strength and your portion forever. May we live a life believing… there is nothing I desire on earth besides you. Praying for you…