Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“ “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.“
- Where is your house built?
- Choose the rock that will not fail and do not depend on this world or yourself to form the foundation. The rains will come and the winds will blow…
May the wisdom and strength of the Lord be yours today! I will be praying for you!
How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
Jesus said, “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.”
- In Jesus’ teaching on judgement, what does He reveal about our own guilt when we judge others?
- We are guilty of hypocrisy. But, also, we judge only what we can see. Instead, how does God judge (Luke 16:14-15)?
- God’s judgement is entirely just, judging hearts and minds. Our judgement is hypocritical and only at face value. We can not know who is truly unrighteous or ungodly. But God can. We must trust that He will enforce perfect justice. We do not know the plan of God. But we know that He can work all things together for the good of those who love and serve Him (Romans 8:28). Ask the Lord now to help you trust Him for His perfect justice and judgement. Ask Him to give you wisdom and words to face the injustices in this world and stand for His truth.
We are called to be salt and light, not judge and jury. We are told not to repay evil for evil. God is the perfect judge and His justice will prevail! Praying for you!