Take time to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you study God’s word today!
“There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.”
- Write down the six (or seven) things the Lord hates.
- Dig into the Bible to uncover more about what God thinks about life choices.
- Haughty Eyes – Humility (Philippians 2:3)
- Lying Tongue – Put on your new self (Colossians 3:9-10)
- Hand that Sheds Innocent Blood – Reconcile (Matthew 5:21-26)
- Heart that devises and runs to evil – Set your heart on the Spirit (Romans 8:5-6)
- Bears False Witness – Put away falsehood (Ephesians 4:17-32)
- Sow Discord Among Brothers – Build up (Ephesians 4:17-32, John 13:35)
It’s easy to set our hearts and minds on earthy things. And desire to get even, exact our revenge, or get ahead at any cost. But as we see in Proverbs – it’s not something the Lord encourages. Instead we are directed in Romans 12 that ““if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Remember you get to choose what you hold in your heart. You get to choose what you act on and what attitude that you have – every day. If you know Jesus then you are a new creation and you have His Spirit renewing you day by day. Choose to set your mind on the things of the Spirit – so that you may live in light and peace! Praying for you!